Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Thanks for reading my post. I have a 96 Honda CBR F3 and am at my whits end. I bought it a month ago from a guy who had it sitting for a year or so. I took it in and had the carbs cleaned, new battery and new fork seals. After riding it for a week, it was running great but with a lagging throttle. One day it completely cut out on me. She started sputtering and then just cut. There was a strong gas smell afterwards and wouldn't restart. The next day the shop came and picked her up. They were able to start it that morning. The shop made a adjustment to the carb as it was running rich. Get her back the other day and rode her for two days with no problems at all. The throttle had even came back and was pulling hard! That was until today...she started sputtering briefly and cut on me again. I noticed the petcock valve was pointing straight up and thought I was just riding unaware on my reserve tank. Switched it to straight down, fed her a little gas and after a few minutes she fired up! It was idling great and normal. I even gave it some throttle in neutral and it seemed completely fine. Hopped on and gave it slow throttle in first gear and she start sputtering terribly and cut. I went back and got her started again and same result. Currently in my garage and I need help! Please! Thanks in advance!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts