Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I hope someone can help. I serviced my 'blade (oil, filters, plugs) and everything was fine. I fitted an aftermarket exhaust and went for a spin around 15 miles - bike was fine but ran a little rough.

I left the bike for a couple of hours and now it won't start - black smoke comes from the exhaust and sounds like it's going to start if I pull the choke - I've put the original can back on and same problem.

Thanks

VB

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Hi,

I hope someone can help. I serviced my 'blade (oil, filters, plugs) and everything was fine. I fitted an aftermarket exhaust and went for a spin around 15 miles - bike was fine but ran a little rough.

I left the bike for a couple of hours and now it won't start - black smoke comes from the exhaust and sounds like it's going to start if I pull the choke - I've put the original can back on and same problem.

Thanks

VB

Are all four headers getting hot together?
Does it have a fuel pump or vacuum-operated tap?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Hi - I won't be able to check headers until I can get it started and it has a vacuum tap :)

Then pull the vacuum line off and see if fuel comes through it - if it does the diaphram is shot.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
It's probably just running a little rich, black smoke is just a little fuel coming out that wasnt burnt I believe.

With this in mind I'd check plugs to see if they're soiled and to so if they're getting spark.

Check battery voltage too. First thing to check when they don't start :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts