Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I remember that the fairings from a '97 or '98 900rr will fit on a '96 (specifically the tail), but I am not positive. Can anyone confirm or disconfirm this for me?

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Yep, they will bolt right on. The tail lights change shape in 1998 compared to the 1996-97 years. The seat is also slightly different in shape, the 1998 seat will not work as it is too narrow. When Honda moved the vents from the bottom of the tail-section to the top this altered the seat.

As far as everything lining up. It will with no problems at all. All the bolt holes from 1993-1999 are in the same exact place for every FireBlade model.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you, sir! Say, since I've got you on the horn, er...um, I can find street suspension settings for a '96 900rr, but that is for a 150lb rider. I run about 190 or so. Do you have an idea of how much I would have to vary the settings to get them to work for me?
If not, no worries. Just thought I'd give it a shot!

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Abtech would likely be that man to chase down when it comes to suspension settings.
With me spending most of my time on the DragStrip I am lost when it comes to that area of the bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts