Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Randomly my blade will click instead of turning over, and I have to bump start her. Swapped starter relay for an old spare and next day it happened again. Are both relays possibly bad or is it maybe the kill switch? Sometimes it starts, so it's a tough one. Any input would deff be appreciated. Ty

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you hear a click, that should be the relay. Have you checked the battery?
New battery. I was wondering if it could be the kill switch because with the switch in the off position it does the same thing. Headlight shuts off, but bike doesn't turn over. But I probably wouldn't be able to push start her if it was the switch. Will probably go with a Rick's relay this time. Just wanted to put this out there in case there was something I was overlooking. Love my blade but have had a bunch of electrical issues.
But soon the whole electrical system will be new at least.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did have R/R problems, have a Honda R/R in it now working good, when I changed that I pulled the stator and bench tested that, it's good. Just the random non start problem now. Didn't start yesterday and had to take my girls ninja. Just ordered a Rick's relay, so I'll post again in a couple days if it's fixed or still happening

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,146 Posts
If the relay is clicking, it's trying to make the bridge. Generally that would relate to a battery issue.

What is your standing voltage at the battery? 12.7 is fully charged

What is your battery voltage upon thumbing the starter switch? If it goes down below 11-10VDC your battery may be toast. Anything lower and it is toast, although it reads good, it has no current flow.

Was the new battery subjected to the previous charging Isis at all? Sometimes that will kill a new batter as well.

If she bump starts its not a kill switch issue. Although you might want to clean the start switch assembly anyway to rule it out.

My feeling it's a loose battery cable or a dead/flat battery. Starter some kids on these bikes never fail unless subjected to the charging problems by the melted (overheated connectors). My 93 is still working perfectly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts