Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a question, fell into a 900rr that I want to make into a track bike. This bike had one owner that fell over in gravel and parked the bike. Needless to say when I got the bike it only had lower plastics and no airbox hence the question. What could I do to avoid buying stock airbox? Any other mod help would be greatly appreciated. thanks Mark

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
If you want to make it into a track bike I'd recommend putting the airbox on it.
You could run pod filters but it can be a bastard trying to jet carbs when they're sucking air that's moving past the bike at anything from 20mph to 150mph. The airbox grabs air and slows it down to a consistent velocity.
Certainly try the pods if you really want to avoid the airbox but let us know how you get on with them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you want to make it into a track bike I'd recommend putting the airbox on it.
You could run pod filters but it can be a bastard trying to jet carbs when they're sucking air that's moving past the bike at anything from 20mph to 150mph. The airbox grabs air and slows it down to a consistent velocity.
Certainly try the pods if you really want to avoid the airbox but let us know how you get on with them.
thanks for the input, just found an airbox so I think I'll take your advice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts