Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a gallon back into it but I still can't get it to start. Have no idea what could be wrong at this point. There's a couple times that it tries but then nothing. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
With the carbs completely drained of fuel they do take a fair bit of cranking to get started, since there is no easy way to prime the carbs (I suppose you could pull the vacuum tap pipe off and suck on it...). How long have you been cranking it for?

One possibility is that you've pulled in some water that was sitting at the bottom of the tank when you switched to reserve. If this is the case you'll need to drain the float chambers on the carbs by undoing the drain screw on the side of each one. You'd want to drain and flush out the tank as well, and check out the state of the internal metal tube that is supposed to drain water from around the filler. These can rust within the tank and allow water into the fuel.

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,566 Posts
I got a gallon back into it but I still can't get it to start. Have no idea what could be wrong at this point. There's a couple times that it tries but then nothing. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance
Even with a gallon make sure you're on reserve to get the fuel flowing from the bottom most portion of the tank, otherwise what Benelli has said. Bear in mind you have a vaccum operated fuel valve. It only flows fuel when there is vaccum pulled but the number 2 cylinder so it will take a bit of time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Even with a gallon make sure you're on reserve to get the fuel flowing from the bottom most portion of the tank, otherwise what Benelli has said. Bear in mind you have a vaccum operated fuel valve. It only flows fuel when there is vaccum pulled but the number cylinder so it will take a bit of time.
Yeah I cranked on it for so long I started to worry the battery was going to fail. Did try switching to reserve and still nothing. Wondering if a line got gunked up somewhere because even at full choke I never smelt any fuel to indicate I was flooding it. Going to take apart as soon as I get home again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts