Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up guys this is my first post I bought a 900rr last summer put maybe 2500 miles on it ish and now its at about 18.5k miles. What Im wondering is at what point should i have the bike serviced? I called the local honda dealer and the first thing he said is it needs the valves adjusted right now. At what point do i need to have it serviced? the bike runs flawlessly.

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,055 Posts
16k is the interval for checking the valve clearances. Typically they don't need any shims swapped out which is the high dollar charge in that service. So the dealer was right on with they're statement. You can let it go a couple K if you want, sometimes they'll get a little noisy or it will start to run crappy. Oil and filter should be dumped every 3k, that's also pretty typical. Coolant and brake fluid every 2 years, adjust and lube cables and check tire pressures and chain slack/lube after every ride. Pop your tank and check your air filter if you haven't since you bought it. Replace with OEM filter if dirty and plugs can get swapped out every year if you want. They're cheap enough. Check your brake pad thickness and that's about it in a nutshell.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool thanks for the information. If i let them go say another 1k miles is it going to hurt anything?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts