Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i hope they do!!!..i called a honda shop; and the tech. said there may be some small gaps on the tail, and everything else fits ok....... Then i had a friend call and they told him "the tail fairings wont fit" im stuck with a 97 full set ... just trying to make it work.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
havent got them yet....but the color is white. im just trying to make it look ok so i can ride it... bought it 3 months ago and i havent rode it once , all the plastics where messed up...

·
Registered
574 Posts
The tail fairings are the only thing that is different. BUT that means the taillight is different. So you would have to buy a new taillight and possibly the black tray piece that holds the taillight, the seat is different as well but I would think the fairings would still be fine. Other than that they'll mount up no problem. :thumb:

·
Banned
1,363 Posts
yup, the tail light is different. your 97 fairings go with an oval taillight and the the 96 is square. the 97 tail is also a little more pointed and rounder. i think it may take some effort to get the 97 tail on your 96. i have a 98 and had to be careful when getting new parts for my tail. i eventually when with a cheetah racing skin fiberglass one piece. after paint and everything it was around 300. a little cheaper than oem. you are going to be better off getting the correct rear for your bike just to avoid the headache. i don't think you would have trouble selling the tail pieces from the 97 anyway.

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
They mount up perfectly fine. You'll need the taillight, seat and the little metal bracket that holds the taillight from a 97-98 to make it look perfect and streetable, but the actual subframe it mounts to is the same.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts