Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was the price per litre of premium gas(91 octane) tonight when I filled up the prelude :thumbd: my car took $45 to fill...what is the world coming too? Honda needs to hurry up and get the ridgeline converted to being a hybrid vehicle so I can afford to drive again... Just thought that I would share...

·
Banned
3,466 Posts
Little over $2 down this way.

I think I paid $1.97 for super unleaded the other day.

Do you have to run premium in your car? If not switch to super. Besides, the lower the octane you can run, the better performance you'll get.

*edit* Oopz, I may have that backwards.

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
It's well over $2/per here now, some places as high as $2.149 a gallon.

This freaking stinks. I remember gas being all of a buck or buck ten a gallon less than three years ago. Sometimes I hate myself for owning a full size V8 powered truck.

I guess the pundits who said it was a war over oil were wrong. Were that the case, we'd be swimming in the damned stuff.

·
Banned
3,466 Posts
Ah yes, but Chain you are forgetting the liberal spin on the whole oil thing.

See, once Bush is out of office he will need to find a way to make a quick buck. It is then, and only then when he will finally start peddling all that oil he invaded Iraq for.

:thumb:

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mo Noyz said:
Little over $2 down this way.

I think I paid $1.97 for super unleaded the other day.

Do you have to run premium in your car? If not switch to super. Besides, the lower the octane you can run, the better performance you'll get.

*edit* Oopz, I may have that backwards.

I would change that to 87 but, honda reccomends 91 octane...and I belive them, after a couple tanks of 87 octane, it ran like :poop: so now I just fill it up with 91 and wait for summer... :idunno: not much else I can do, want to keep the car running/looking good and still want to drive, so I guess they have me backwards over an oil barrel...can't wait for it to hit a 1.10 a litre, that'll be fun :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
$1.99 a gallon for reg today.

Bush ain't gonna do shnitz about dropping the price of gas and oil when he owns oil rigs in Tx, He's making a killing.

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Hammer said:
$1.99 a gallon for reg today.

Bush ain't gonna do shnitz about dropping the price of gas and oil when he owns oil rigs in Tx, He's making a killing.
:rotfl:
Keep on parroting the left wing extremist mantras you don't know the facts about.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
It ain't getting cheaper. Hmm, maybe it's time to modify the PCIII map for a little less oomph, and a little more economy. It would be nice to get 50mpg+ from the FJR (I get around 42-44mpg now).

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
soon2b954 said:
Sometimes I love my underpowered Civic!! :D
Me too, I can chinse 31 MPG out of it, if I don't pimp my lead foot, and it runs on 87 octane :eyebrows: Having said that, can't wait to get something faster later in the year :eyebrows:

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
deez said:
Me too, I can chinse 31 MPG out of it, if I don't pimp my lead foot, and it runs on 87 octane :eyebrows: Having said that, can't wait to get something faster later in the year :eyebrows:

I am getting better than that on the highway, but I was in town last tank with the lude and ended up with about 340kms to a tank(45-50 litres) :eek: not very good at all, normally it is around 550, 600 if I am behaving. I don't know how much smaller a car I can buy? :idunno: (and still look this good :eyebrows: )

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
there was a piece on the news last night about how much its costing truck drivers to fill up. They interviewed around 3 or 4 drivers (for some reason all in CA and none around here) and it's costing them around $500-600 to fill up those things and running maybe 1200 miles on that. But then again they only get 4-8mpg depending on the truck. The newer more aerodynamic ones getting the higher numbers obviously. Those are owner operators. They said they are basically making about $10/hr after paying for everything.

So knowing that shit I guess I can't complain too much when I get 12mpg in my car.

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
BDA116 said:
:rotfl:
Keep on parroting the left wing extremist mantras you don't know the facts about.

BDA you have political rabies. Somebody says bush and you start snarling and frothing at the mouth.

Can't we just agree that all politicians are crooked and want to rob us :idunno:

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Hammer said:
You got a better answer?
Very simple, actually. Allow even one oil company to build a new refinery. There hasn't been a single one built in the last 25 years, yet more than 10 have been shut down. Why? B.S. "environmental" rules that are based on junk science, not fact.
Second, get the idiotic blends under control. There are over 50 blends that these already under-capacity over-worked refineries have to make due to all the eco-nazis and their controls over state rules. Make 5-10 national blends that are used across the board, and instantly increase the output of gasoline products.
The crude oil supply is actually in a decent place right now, but the sheiks that control OPEC want more money, and with Venezuela going downhill with their psycho leader they feel they can up it without recourse.
However, the increase in crude prices will affect all gas prices instantly, as the companies have to look out for future replacement stocks as they use what they currently have.
Then there's ANWR. Little known fact thanks to the eco-terrorists is that when ANWR was created, the parcel wanted for drilling was set aside for that purpose (and there has actually been drilling in ANWR from day one, albeit very small). From the get-go there was to be drilling there. Now that we want to use that parcel for its designated purpose a certain tiny activist portion of the populace is crying about it.
If Congress passes the right to use the land for what it was set aside, OPEC would be scared out of their minds. They would instantly drop the price of oil to head off any start to drilling rig building and usage.
Yeah, we wouldn't even have to drill. Think about it, they think they have the world by the balls, and thanks to that certain activist populace they do in a way, yet one announcement from the Congress and crude oil prices would nearly halve overnight due to the fact that they are about to lose their biggest customer.
Two more refineries and prices would drop another 10-20%.

We only have ourselves to blame by listening to the cry-babies.

Oh, and as far as your assertion that President Bush is getting rich off some mythical oil rigs in Texas? Do some research. How many rigs does President Bush actually own?
Where does the vast majority of the oil currently drilled in the west go?
Do you know, or are you passing on what you heard somewhere?
Ever heard of the Strategic Reserve? Enough oil is already pumped from Texas, Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Arizona and New Mexico to keep the west's current refineries running. Add California and Alaska as well as Oklahoma, Kansas and most of the gulf states into the mix and the United States already pumps a good majority of what is necessary to keep us afloat, but we don't use hardly a drop.
One rig off the coast of Louisiana and one more off the coast of California as well as a couple in ANWR and we never need to buy any foreign oil again. And the threat to build those few rigs instantly drops the price of crude oil.
Yet the vocal few keep the vast majority hostage.

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
phobiaphobe said:
BDA you have political rabies. Somebody says bush and you start snarling and frothing at the mouth.

Can't we just agree that all politicians are crooked and want to rob us :idunno:
Actually, I can't stand many things about Bush. But the lies that keep getting parroted are a much larger part of the problem.
Learn the facts, and things can change.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts