Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went riding the other day and pulled up next to another 98 900, i noticed that his stock rear seat sat flush with the rear plastic. while my rear seat goes from almost flush in the rear to about a 1 inch gap up front. if you look at it from the side you can see the hinge; now that i noticed it, it is really bothering me. is this the way the rear seat sits? Looking inside i couldn't see a way of lowering it without taking off the hinge.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw one post where the guy cut the cross member for the rear seat to lower it. But I thought that would make it a little unsafe. It just had me wondering if I had the stock plastic on the rear because it didn't fit tight.

On a side note does anyone know what came in the trunk of a 98 900? There is a small compartment on the left which is almost under the front seat and a very narrow one on the right under the front seat. Both can be reached from the trunk. Plus there are two brackets with about a 1/4 hole in them on either side of the trunk from left to right. Just wondering what they where for.

·
Registered
356 Posts
bike's weren't meant to have trunk space... put some pipes in there :eyebrows:

I've got a 97 and the only thing I have in there besides a lot of room is my tool kit...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts