Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so this is my first CBR.
I do not know where any of the vacuum or fuel lines go. I got the bike with all the lines disconnected and the tank off.

Ive already looked through the parts fiche and I get an idea about everything but still it doesnt show me where anything actually connects. I also read a ton of threads here, whatever has been answered in detail was either for a bike older or newer than mine and had entirely different lines.

I see where the PVC line from the valve cover goes to the airbox and the wide line in the middle of the carbs goes to the airbox. Those lines I figured out.

There is two sets of medium width lines, almost identical- on the top and the bottom of the carbs. They both go to the center of two carbs (1&2, 3&4 assuming) and to go Tee fittings-
The bottom one (toward the rear of the bike) has a shorter hose off the T fitting, and looks presumably like the fuel line.
The top one (toward the front of the bike) has a longer hose off the Tee fitting, and also looks like it could be a fuel line.

Now I dont know what carbs are numbered what, so im going to assume that if you are sitting on the bike (facing forward :rolleyes:), from left to right it goes #1, #2, #3, #4. Please correct me if im wrong.

Assuming these numbers correspond to the carbs, theres a nipple on the #2 sticking straight out that comes off the head, right below the carb- it has a line on it thats about 6 inches long- I am assuming that is the petcock vacuum line, correct me if im wrong please.

On the #4 (all the way to the right), there is a nipple coming right off the carb, pointing almost downward. When I try to start the bike I get a noticeable vacuum from this line. I have no idea where it is supposed to connect.

So four lines I dont know how to connect and maybe more that I havent even discovered!
There is also an F shaped vacuum line Tee fitting that has hoses connected to it. I assume that has something to do with the missing hoses. I have no idea where any of those lines go.

I am really appreciative of the newb help

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I appreciate that so much. Yeah when I tried to reply to the visitor post it said didnt have enough posts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone have an answer to this old thread. I have the same issue. Namely where does the vacuum lines below carb #2 and #4 go?

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Has anyone have an answer to this old thread. I have the same issue. Namely where does the vacuum lines below carb #2 and #4 go?

The obvious answer is to check the manual. The OEM manual has very good routing diagrams showing all hoses and wiring on the bike.
And it probably the single most downloaded Honda manual on the net so it should be dead easy to find.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts