Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm new here! I just traded my dirtbike for a great running 98 cbr 900rr! However it needs some cosmetic work and a few odds and ends! the major parts i'm having trouble finding are:

fuel tank (98-99 seems specific, but if you all know other years that fit, it would help!) preferably black, and little to no damage! I can do minor ding filling and painting, but prefer not to if I don't have to!

ALso looking for a lock set! I have the ignition key, and it all works great, but there is no lock on the fuel tank, and I don't even have a lock for the rear seat, just the latch! If I could find a complete set for the 98 year (again, if other years work, please by all means let me know!) It looks like a 2000 would work, if I switch the ignition plug, and trimming the rear lock swivel should work also, but you guys may know more!

I'm in Savannah GA, so if anyone is close, let me know, i don't mind paying some shipping though! Thanks guys!

Chris

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What about using an older model tank and drilling/tapping a single hole for the front mount?! Anybody ever done this?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Id look for a 96-98 tank personally Im on the hunt for one as well. If you can just find a lock for the tail and the gas tank then you can take the gas tank cap apart and re key the locks its not hard to do!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Id look for a 96-98 tank personally Im on the hunt for one as well. If you can just find a lock for the tail and the gas tank then you can take the gas tank cap apart and re key the locks its not hard to do!
Really? I have never rekeyed a lock! Ill have to do some research on that! Thanks for the tip, and good luck with finding a tank, eBay is useless :/ I read on another forum a guy used a 98 tank on a 94 bike by drilling/tapping new dual holes and it fit! Figured it could work backwards too! The older tanks held more gas too :) that's a plus!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts