Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well lets see here i have a 9 cbr 900rr with 47,000 miles. It has two brothers full exhaust shorten can by 6in. jetted , K&N air filter, -1front/49 tooth rear , stretched 6 in. swingarm and still r6 and gsxr-600 keepin up with me in 1/4. Does anyone have suggestions? Does anyone think i just need to replace piston rings and bore it out ? please help i would really love to break 9's to keep up with my buddys gsxr-1000's........

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
The 900 has more power in the low end, but that doesnt help to much in the 1/4.
The 900 is heavier which is where it hurts it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah see his fastest time in1/4 is 11.41 i have read that stock the cbr 900rr should be turning 10.80's? do you think that the rings and loosing compression might be the problem too?

·
Registered
795 Posts
yeah see his fastest time in1/4 is 11.41 i have read that stock the cbr 900rr should be turning 10.80's? do you think that the rings and loosing compression might be the problem too?

it's been run 50k already, it is a little down on the original power. If you want to go faster, you should start by looking at ways to reduce weight.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
The 900 has more power in the low end, but that doesnt help to much in the 1/4.
The 900 is heavier which is where it hurts it.

The 900 also has atrocious aerodynamics which will be costing heaps at the end.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
The 900 also has atrocious aerodynamics which will be costing heaps at the end.
Very good point haha. As much as I love the looks of them.. Their aerodynamics were a little... :rant:

Also, just because you read that a 900 should be running 10.8s doesnt mean much at all.
Elevation? Is the bike properly Tuned? Rider? Track conditions? Air Temps?

There is so much to it..

Motorcyclenews states that my R6 stock can do 10.75seconds.
I got a best of 11.1, with a best 60' time of 1.91. My R6 is definitely not stock, and much better setup then a stock bike lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts