Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i started having a MAJOR problem last night. So i took off all of the fairings a while ago because i was going to buy new ones. The weather decided to warm up for a few days this week so i put the old ones back on, tried to start the bike with no such luck. I put some new gas in it thinking it was empty, still nothing.. After about a minute or two of cranking i gave up and came back about an hour later, tried cranking it again and i let off the start button and it shot a huge fireball out of the pipe. Im assuming it sparked once and that was enough to ignite all of the fuel being dumped into it, so i waited a few minutes and tried cranking it again and there was nothing.
This morning i took off the tank and air box and the air filter was saturated with fuel. I havent gotten to the spark plugs yet, so i dont know about them, but im leaning more towards an ignition problem.
Any help is appreciated!!
Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Hey guys, i started having a MAJOR problem last night. So i took off all of the fairings a while ago because i was going to buy new ones. The weather decided to warm up for a few days this week so i put the old ones back on, tried to start the bike with no such luck. I put some new gas in it thinking it was empty, still nothing.. After about a minute or two of cranking i gave up and came back about an hour later, tried cranking it again and i let off the start button and it shot a huge fireball out of the pipe. Im assuming it sparked once and that was enough to ignite all of the fuel being dumped into it, so i waited a few minutes and tried cranking it again and there was nothing.
This morning i took off the tank and air box and the air filter was saturated with fuel. I havent gotten to the spark plugs yet, so i dont know about them, but im leaning more towards an ignition problem.
Thanks!

Is there fuel in the crankcase at all?

·
Registered
567 Posts
Thanks!
Remove the tank, spray a short squirt of starting fluid into each air funnel on top of the carbs, take the bike off the kickstand, pull the clutch in even if it's in neutral and try to start it.

No joy? Then pull two plug wires off the spark plugs, one from each coil and check for spark.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts