Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New to the forum but been riding a while.
Bought this bike the way it sits and plenty of mods to come. Only paid $3000 for it which is a pretty good price imo for my area
specs are 98 900
919 motor stock except for filter and exhaust
Lowered around 3" stretched 10"
Fender eliminator and clear integrated taillight

I know a lot of people aren't into the long arms and that low but im more into the bike nights and shows other than dragging knees and wheelies ( but I do fully respect you guys that do that)
I have to say my son really loves the bike lol

Sorry for the blurry pic it doesnt look that bad on my phone

Future plans are as follows:
-New paintjob. Not sure what im gonna do but may let my son choose the theme. Been looking at some of the five finger death punch logos, might use some of the pin up girls riding the bomb with a new style army paint, kind of a armed forces tribute but my style but who knows
-TURBO. Im gonna try to do a full homemade system. Not so much for all out power but I want to run 5 or 6 psi. Intercooler and bov. I know many have tried and few have succeeded but ill try
-240 or 300 kit. Probably 14" extension.
-Trying to decide on ditching all the chrome. Last 900 I had was dark orange and black and I miss that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea im hoping one day he will ride. That would be awesome cruising beside my son out to a show. I ride him now out our private dirt road (very slow and he has his own helmet of course) and he loves it.

·
Registered
20,979 Posts
Yea im hoping one day he will ride. That would be awesome cruising beside my son out to a show. I ride him now out our private dirt road (very slow and he has his own helmet of course) and he loves it.
Awesome...I'm only a DAD of 25 days....but I get it !!!

So looking forward to those days with my Son, Happy Days bro :thumb::clap:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome...I'm only a DAD of 25 days....but I get it !!!

So looking forward to those days with my Son, Happy Days bro :thumb::clap:
Congratulations on the new little one. Its all fun specifically if you have as good a son as I do. He is only 5 and is in to everything I am. Sad part is he already has a toyota rock crawler and wants to pull the motor out and rebuild it. Having him is by far the best thing I've done with my life. Even though biologically he is not mine but that's a long messed up story I wont get into. All that matters is I love him and he is mine.

·
Registered
20,979 Posts
Congratulations on the new little one. Its all fun specifically if you have as good a son as I do. He is only 5 and is in to everything I am. Sad part is he already has a toyota rock crawler and wants to pull the motor out and rebuild it. Having him is by far the best thing I've done with my life. Even though biologically he is not mine but that's a long messed up story I wont get into. All that matters is I love him and he is mine.
Dude that's all that counts..everyone needs love mate !

And the fact that he wants to pull an engine out already at age 5...THATS EVEN BETTER !!! :D:smilebig::rotfl::rotfl:

·
Registered
931 Posts
What a horror! WHY do that to one of the icons of motorcycling!!! Chop a Bandit around by all means, but not one of my beloved RRX's!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I do it because I like it. I think the look sweet lowered and stretched. Im just not into the road racecand track stuff. Personally I don't like the looks of a bike on a stock arm but you don't see me tell that to every stock arm bike I see. I know its your opinion but I like mine long and low. Ya'll might get me in the curves but ill catch you in the straight sways lol.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dude that's all that counts..everyone needs love mate !

And the fact that he wants to pull an engine out already at age 5...THATS EVEN BETTER !!! :D:smilebig::rotfl::rotfl:
Yea I couldn't beleve it when he told me that. Also the fact that he said he would stand out in the 32* weather and help me pull it was sweet and he is ready to do the solid axle swap in our 4runner is so cool to.

·
Registered
20,979 Posts
Yea I couldn't beleve it when he told me that. Also the fact that he said he would stand out in the 32* weather and help me pull it was sweet and he is ready to do the solid axle swap in our 4runner is so cool to.
Age 5 !! :rotfl::rotfl: Brilliant, he'll be off to the moon for his 6th birthday building a rocket ship in the back yard! :D:rotfl::rotfl:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey there!! I have a 99 cbr 900rr. I've had it since September and I love it!!! But Recently I have been having an issue with my electrical system. My battery gets drained within minutes of starting it!!! I thought I just needed a new battery because my old one was about 3 years old. Long story short, I put a new battery in today and It drained again within a few minutes. I'm thinking it has to be something pretty simple seeing as how it doesn't have a complicated electrical system. I don't want to take it to the shop and spend a grip if I don't have to. Any ideas on what y'all think it could be??

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
. . . Any ideas on what y'all think it could be??
Hi, and welcome.

First step is to attach a multi meter and check the charge rate (if any). If the battery is charging you have a leakage (short) somewhere; if it's not charging you have a generator/stator problem.:wink

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Hey there!! I have a 99 cbr 900rr. I've had it since September and I love it!!! But Recently I have been having an issue with my electrical system. My battery gets drained within minutes of starting it!!! I thought I just needed a new battery because my old one was about 3 years old. Long story short, I put a new battery in today and It drained again within a few minutes. I'm thinking it has to be something pretty simple seeing as how it doesn't have a complicated electrical system. I don't want to take it to the shop and spend a grip if I don't have to. Any ideas on what y'all think it could be??
if you have and can use a multimeter, simply follow this flow chart until you discover the problem/s. :)

if you get stuck, feel free to ask any questions you might have. pretty much all of us have had a similar experience in the past with charging systems, be it our hondas or other...

its a key point for performing these tests that the battery be fully charged when you start to perform them. so, youll need to put it on a charger and let it get a full charge before moving into the charts directions.

considering the battery was purchased new, we can most likely rule the battery itself out as the fail point.

http://www.electrexworld.co.uk/acatalog/Troubleshooting-3P-PMG-&-RR.pdf

1 - 15 of 15 Posts