Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my bike stored in the garage almost a yr.Someone tried to steal her with the ol flathead in the ignition.Ran great the day before the attempt steal.I just put a new ignition on her.Lights all work no bad fuses,cleaned the gas tank screen and changed the oil and fuel filter.Charged the battery.All she does is crank over no fire.Any ideas to what could be the issue.I have checked all fuses and wires.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Hello there,am no expert on bikes,by any means,but i had kinda the same prob,my bike sat for 6 mths over the winter,and when started for 1st time,it ran for a few seconds then conked out and wudnt start after that,can i suggest sumthin as simple as taking the plugs out and cleaning them,then putting sum fresh fuel in,and add a little fuel injection cleaner with the fuel,worked for me :thumb: :thumb: ,dont know about yours,but our fuel kinda goes off after a while,and leaves like a kinda varnish coating in carbs,jets etc !! hope this helps u sum. By the way ,iv got a '98 blade aswell

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.