Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a good picture of the correct throttle cable routing? I dont think what i pulled off was correct. Lots of wear on the cable sheaths. If you have choke cable routing thatd be fantastic as welll! :thumb:

...also looking for the correct push/pull setup. Clymer's just tell you to do the opposite of what you did.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
LOl it always funny when you see 100 people look at a thread and noone knows

Maybe try searching for an F3 OEM manual then.
It has diagrams of all hose and cable routing.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just cant figure out this push cable. the throttle worked fantastic before i added the push cable. Now the throttle doesnt return or snap back like it should. Maybe routing? I dont know

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
did you not have one push and one pull cable before??

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Just cant figure out this push cable. the throttle worked fantastic before i added the push cable. Now the throttle doesnt return or snap back like it should. Maybe routing? I dont know

Cables too tight perhaps?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The push cable had a bit of slack in it. It wasnt tight though. Im gonna head out to the garage now, since i got out of work a tad early. Ive been watching youtube videos and searching for manuals. Ive been watching almost any cbr f3 videos and reading and anything under the sun pertaining to underneath the tank or the throttle assemblyin hopes to get a glimpse of the proper way to route them(assuming that owner either has never changed them or they are correct). It cant be that far off, this cant be that difficult.

I had read another thread about this, and the dude decided to only run the pull cable, but was definitely advised against it...the thread died so i dont know if it worked out or not...maybe he met his demise without one. I was told, technically the push cable "pushes" the slides(and or butterflies?) back closed under certain circumstances as a safety feature. As explained.....under the pressure of the vacuum and intake of air, the slides/butterflies could get stuck open. If anyone knows if this is true or not, can add to, confirm, etc. Please do let me know!

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
fixed....new problem, new thread
awesome to hear. glad you got it fixed. sorry I was not much help to you on that issue. seems like once you get one problem and fix it another one follows right after. bikes are alot of maintenance though.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
thanks for at least checking back in. and yes, after one problem is fixed, its another.
sorry to hear. what other issues are you having??

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Doesnt idle without the choke engaged. Idles strong and responsive with the choke on, but dies instantly when the choke lever is moved

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Doesnt idle without the choke engaged. Idles strong and responsive with the choke on, but dies instantly when the choke lever is moved

Sounds like blocked pilots.
The chokes are seperate circuits.
If you increase the revs while the choke is on and then close the choke while the revs are up can you keep it running at higher rpm?

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Sounds like blocked pilots.
The chokes are seperate circuits.
If you increase the revs while the choke is on and then close the choke while the revs are up can you keep it running at higher rpm?
:plus1:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I dont think this has anything to do with the throttle cables anymore. I just want to stay on topic. Can we move this discussion to the Idle thread?

****in aye. then i gotta pull em back off. i figured i would have to. Do you think this problem has anything to do with the carbs being out of sync? Im just thinking about anything. I dont know how the pilots could be clogged. I cleaned them out so well,

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
I dont think this has anything to do with the throttle cables anymore. I just want to stay on topic. Can we move this discussion to the Idle thread?

****in aye. then i gotta pull em back off. i figured i would have to. Do you think this problem has anything to do with the carbs being out of sync? Im just thinking about anything. I dont know how the pilots could be clogged. I cleaned them out so well,

You didn't answer if you can make it rev higher after turning off the choke.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts