Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I recently had my R/R burn up, checked all the stator wiring it's all ok no shorts or opens charges 15-65v ac from idle to 5000rpm on all 3 phases. Replaced the burnt connector (R/R conector) and R/R with one from eBay. Now I have a hard start when hot and kind of a "fat' feeling coming off idle while accelerating. I rechecked everything and the bike is only ever charging 1v dc over battery voltage. The battery at rest is 12.7v dc but the bike never reaches 14v dc. Manual says it's in the low end of the spec. which is 13.5-15.5/5000rpm Is the new R/R NFG? Need help please! I have a 3000Km trip planned for the end of JUly!!!

Rick

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Hey all I recently had my R/R burn up, checked all the stator wiring it's all ok no shorts or opens charges 15-65v ac from idle to 5000rpm on all 3 phases. Replaced the burnt connector (R/R conector) and R/R with one from eBay. Now I have a hard start when hot and kind of a "fat' feeling coming off idle while accelerating. I rechecked everything and the bike is only ever charging 1v dc over battery voltage. The battery at rest is 12.7v dc but the bike never reaches 14v dc. Manual says it's in the low end of the spec. which is 13.5-15.5/5000rpm Is the new R/R NFG? Need help please! I have a 3000Km trip planned for the end of JUly!!!

Rick

Have you already checked the vacuum hose to the fuel tap is not sucking fuel?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you already checked the vacuum hose to the fuel tap is not sucking fuel?

She's dry! Was talking to a Honda mechanic today told him my findings he suggested that I replace the R/R again. I bought a Chinese one thinking I could save a few bucks :thumbd: Any recommendations for a new one?

·
Registered
791 Posts
The official Honda part is now upgraded with fins, but to be honest any bike's alternator which physically fits can be used, and many are bigger and stronger.

I'd say give the chinese one a try, it'll be fine if you're not using the bike for short journeys with the lights on.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The official Honda part is now upgraded with fins, but to be honest any bike's alternator which physically fits can be used, and many are bigger and stronger.

I'd say give the chinese one a try, it'll be fine if you're not using the bike for short journeys with the lights on.

I have a new Chinese one now that replaced the burnt up factory one. It's NFG outta the box lol. Can't get anymore than 1v over batt

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bought the Honda R/R I was really nervous when I cut the bag open and IT'S IDENTICAL TO THE CHINESE ONE !!!!!!!! But it worked, charges from 13.2v dc to 14.9v dc now. Phew

·
Registered
9 Posts
So you bought a bad r/r im having kinda the same problem bought a cheap one rode for 2 hours now it doesnt charge again! Trying to determine if I have bad luck or if thats a common problem...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Chinese one looked identical to the Honda one. Same numbers and everything. But I put the rec on that I bought at the Honda dealer and bike works great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts