Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found this forum and figured id give it a shot.
Got a 99 600 f4, the guy said he did the carbs on it and plugs. Well i have been having idle issues with it. I can set idle to 1300rpm but it will bounce to almost cutting off to 2000 or more rpm or i can set it and give it some gas and it will stay at 2500 to 3000 rpm then have to reset the idle. also i can give it some throttle and it kinda hangs on the rpm to a slow decline. I went ahead and reset the air/fuel mixture and the idle doesn't bounce around as much but still does, give it a little throttle and still hang a bit before dropping and also when the bike is at running temp its seems to want to die out more often at idle. Any ideas on what else to check? I have searched all over google and i get some with same issues with no fix or old threads that never post a fix.
Thanks

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,902 Posts
I would start by getting a manual, removing the carbs, and going through them yourself. Learn how they work, find all the tiny parts that come out, and see how small the passage ways are. That's how I learned, and became good enough to stop them like this, to ensure they're clean:

Usually surging and rpms that hang up are associated with a lean condition. But it could be a number of things.

One easy one is to make sure your throttle grip isn't rubbing on anything. Sometimes the grip binds up on the switch gear pod. Make sure the grip snaps back after WFO.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
throttle snaps back no problem there. i have a manual and a rebuild kit coming for the carbs already. i have rebuilt carbs before just didnt want to do it if it wasnt needed. was hoping it was something simple (yeah right). i have checked a few other things as well making sure the charging system was working correctly which it is and i also changed the fuel filter and shortened the gas line from the tank to the filter because it was to long and kinda pinched off a bit but still no change. Fuel pump primes like it should too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts