Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I have a pretty serious issue with my bike. When I fill the tank (usually 92oct.), I am not getting noe where near the milages that I| used to get, and to top it all off the reserve tank is being used in the on fuel position, so when I run out of gas I am screwed. I am also getting this weird "bogging" sound when I ride like the bike is under water. I just asummed that this is all because of a fuel issue. Thanks for the help !!!

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Hello All,

I have a pretty serious issue with my bike. When I fill the tank (usually 92oct.), I am not getting noe where near the milages that I| used to get, and to top it all off the reserve tank is being used in the on fuel position, so when I run out of gas I am screwed. I am also getting this weird "bogging" sound when I ride like the bike is under water. I just asummed that this is all because of a fuel issue. Thanks for the help !!!
Sounds to me like the diaphram is torn in the fuel tap.
Pull the vacuum line off and see if fuel comes out of it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thnx for the help guys!!! It appears the problem is gone, it was because of me switiching up fuel, I was using Wawa gas, then the other day I switched and used Getty, bug mistake, now that I have switched back it runs fine. I do have 24000+ miles so at this point the engine can be very tempermental about gas quality.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, some gas stations have better or should I say cleaner fuel, the octane is the same,but some gas brands are just bad and Getty is one of the bad ones. Wawa has good gas like Exxon, Sunoco, etc. the bike runs like new again now that I have switched back to my regular brand.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts