Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought 99 900 rr from a guy (really had this thing rigged up) trying to get things ready to ride.

1. the gas tank was put on wrong??/ th 2 bolts buy the handle bars were wrong everything. stripped out a little , needs tapped what size bolts ? 6mm? and is the some kinda retainer or just really big flange or washer? a pic would help.

2. he had sliders on on side , on the passengerside it looks like he bottomed out the bolt and broke the case a little . his way of fixing wwas a carrage bolt and nut , made a real big mess of the threads. is the beast way to fix helicoil or weld on newe mount?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
really just need to know what holds the front of the tank on? 2 small bolts? is there a bracket?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
#28 bolt would have to be a 6mm bolt ? thread but the holes in the tank ar tooo big to catch ant flanged head on a 6mm bolt. thats why I wanted to know if there was a bracket or if someone could just take a pic and show me. I'm pretty mechanically inclined and can fix about anything . just want to do it the right way.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
#28 bolt would have to be a 6mm bolt ? thread but the holes in the tank ar tooo big to catch ant flanged head on a 6mm bolt. thats why I wanted to know if there was a bracket or if someone could just take a pic and show me. I'm pretty mechanically inclined and can fix about anything . just want to do it the right way.
You did notice the big rubber grommet, steel spacer and the big washer under the bolt head?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
they had no spacer or washer. i just need to see one so I can fix it right. also would help to know bolt threads so i can retap holes

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
they had no spacer or washer. i just need to see one so I can fix it right. also would help to know bolt threads so i can retap holes
In the fiche I posted you can see all the parts that hold the tank on.
The bolts are M6.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
its the same as in the fiche :idunno: with the small gromet under the tank.
The photos don't look like there is anything under the tank mount.
I don't remember ever seeing the grommets through the mirror support.
You may well be right though - BikePics - 1998 Honda CBR 900
Which small grommet do you mean as the fiche only shows the one grommet?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts