Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a bone stock 99' 900RR and I absolutely can't stand the vibrations coming though my hands. I switched to gel grips hoping this would help (harris I think was the brand) and it didn't, I purchased good (ICON superduty) gloves hoping the extra padding would help, it hasn't. Now what do I do, I cannot find any heavier bar ends than the stock ones. The engine doesn't seem to be running rough or anything, lots of power and no excessive vibrations anywhere else.... any thoughts on this.

right now about half an hour on the bike is my limit before I'm numb up to my forearms......Help

·
Registered
36 Posts
How old are your tires? I once had an issue where i could let my hands off the handle bar a few inches and the vibrations would shake my handlebars all over the place. New tires fixed that problem.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Another irritant could be that you need to adjust your controls, shifter, and brake. I found originally on my 900 that they were not set up for me and it was causing strain in my wrists. And I was basically feeling every vibration and bump in the road. After , I adjusted everything for me, I found I was riding much more comfortably. I still get some fatigue in my wrists but nowhere near as bad as it was.

Cheers, Paul

1 - 4 of 4 Posts