Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this happened once but I was low on fuel, bike started running like it was only using two cylinders (sound) and had no power and just shuttered to a halt. I shook the bike side to side and eventually it started up like normal and i rode to the gas station.

However, tonight I was riding home on the highway and the same thing happened where the bike started running on two cylinders and i pulled over, checked the fuel, still had a bit left, and let it cool off for a few seconds, turned over again like normal. Now, I have no fairings on the bike so i assume it might be getting too much or not enough air to the carbs?
Or maybe my fuel pump is "actin a fool?"
I just got the carbs cleaned and jetted also......
any ideas? :smilebig:

·
Registered
303 Posts
this happened once but I was low on fuel, bike started running like it was only using two cylinders (sound) and had no power and just shuttered to a halt. I shook the bike side to side and eventually it started up like normal and i rode to the gas station.

However, tonight I was riding home on the highway and the same thing happened where the bike started running on two cylinders and i pulled over, checked the fuel, still had a bit left, and let it cool off for a few seconds, turned over again like normal. Now, I have no fairings on the bike so i assume it might be getting too much or not enough air to the carbs?
Or maybe my fuel pump is "actin a fool?"
I just got the carbs cleaned and jetted also......
any ideas? :smilebig:

""I just got the carbs cleaned and jetted also......
any ideas?""

Did you get this done before or after it started acting up? If before, I would take it back to the person that done the work. If after, then im not sure!! Im pretty sure though, that the fairing has nothing to do with it.;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.