Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been rebuilding my 99 blade and recently ran into an area I'm not confident with. I potato chip'd my rims a while back, and have since bought a stock set to replace them, that have yet to show up.

Here's the issue, the front tire shows that it's a 120zr17 vs. the stock 130zr16. And the rear shows 190zr17 vs. 180zr17. Now I know some guys, for some reason, like to squeeze a 190 on a 180 rim. What I'm worried about, is that the bad rim is a legit 190, 6" wide rim. I'm haiving a hard time measuring it, becuase I haven't taken the old tire off, I don't have a stand I can use, and the stock replacement ones aren't here.

I'm conserned that the swing arm (told it was a stock one that was chromed) isn't the stock one, how can I tell if it is? Locations of a part number? Certain plant/die/factory/forging stamps somewhere on it? Would the stock 5.5" rim still fit even if it isn't the stock S/A? Logic tells me it wouldn't, but I could be wrong.

And with regards to the front....17"? Anyone heard of someone doing this? The front end is stock, save for the rim, but I didn't know that a larger rim would really fit will, again, I could be wrong on this as I seem to be since it's there.

The bike is completely stock, except for a full yoshi system and some appearance changes. I've just added to the aftermarket list with these rims, and possibly a swing arm. Can someone please help with this? What sould I be looking for, areas of concern, or just some good old sage advice.

I can post pictures if needed,and answer any questions if I left something out. I certainly appreciate any help on this!

Dolan

·
Registered
26 Posts
hi if you have a pic of yer bike this might help.

If your rim is 6"wide there is no concern of fitting a 190 tyre. the stock rims got stamps in the spoke holes ,year, enkei (brand) 5.5" etc.

I fitted a 17" front wheel on my 94' blade, i have don this so i can fit race tyres on my bike, these tires are not available in 16".
The front wheel came of a cbr 600f3 (1995/1998) straight fit, same brakedisk etc.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pics have been in my gallery, unless you want something more specific. I just need to know if there is any tell tale sign that it's a stock swing arm or not.

The rim issue is that the rear that is on there now, seems to be a 6", and is going to be replaced with a 5.5" and I'm worried the swing arm will be too wide.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
The stock rear wheel is 5.5" wide.
6.0" wheels fit fine in the swingarm.
The wheel size is cast into one of the spokes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts