Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 99 900RR that was re-fitted with 98 fairings by the PO. I want to take it back to the original fairings but am having trouble finding ones that are not refurbished or cut for mods. At this point I am just considering leaving it the way it is and doing some custom work any suggestions? pics on profile.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
I recently purchased a 99 900RR that was re-fitted with 98 fairings by the PO. I want to take it back to the original fairings but am having trouble finding ones that are not refurbished or cut for mods. At this point I am just considering leaving it the way it is and doing some custom work any suggestions? pics on profile.
I thought '98 and '99 fairings were the same?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am not quite sure but I thought that the tail on a 99 was slightly narrower than that of a 98. I could be mistaken as this is my first fireblade, and I am not as knowledgeable as I would like to be. Also as you can see in the Pics the Decals and strips have been swapped out for different ones. that much i am sure of as i was trying to fond replacements and can't figure out what bike the decals that are on it actually belong to. any advice on that will also be helpful.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
I am not quite sure but I thought that the tail on a 99 was slightly narrower than that of a 98. I could be mistaken as this is my first fireblade, and I am not as knowledgeable as I would like to be. Also as you can see in the Pics the Decals and strips have been swapped out for different ones. that much i am sure of as i was trying to fond replacements and can't figure out what bike the decals that are on it actually belong to. any advice on that will also be helpful.
Probably aftermarket stickers.
Can you strip them off and paint it back to the original colour scheme?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts