Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup people just wondering if you guys can help me out a little i have a barnett clutch kit i have 8 friction plates one is different its a smaller is that the first one to go in or the last? and about judder springs do i keep them or remove them im trying to learn im tired of shops killing my pocket

8 friction plates one is different
7 steel plates
5 springs
and the clutch cover gasket for 137$ buck on ebay next time just going to buy the factory friction plates and steel plates hope a can get some help lol

safe riding Kenny.M

·
Registered
554 Posts
Check out this "how-to" I did on another forum. The odd sized fiber goes in first. The inside diameter is larger so it will fit over the judder spring and seat. Definitely put judder back in (it cuts down on clutch chatter when lever is pulled in). I've never had any luck with Barnett clutches. They might be fine for street riding, but if you abuse them (like dragracing) and they burn up way too fast. I ended up with an oil pickup full of fiber material. I always use Honda fibers and steels. Barnett's springs however are very good. Clutch pull is a little stiffer, but they definitely help with clutch slipping in higher gears. Dip fibers and plates in clean oil before installing them (use same oil you run in your engine). Hope that helps.

Clutch replacement - RRZone Forums

1 - 4 of 4 Posts