Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
looks very similar to my Harbor Freight 4 x 8 trailer i bought for $250. seems like it might be worth it...hard to tell though from the small pics.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
If they would allow local pick-up I would hit buy it now. It's right down the road from me and does look identical to the Harbor Freight trailors. I'm not willing to pay the $70 shipping but I have wanted one of these.

The $72 dollar tire changer that includes the MC tire attachment that he has in his other auctions is also a good deal and also looks identical to Harbor Freight. He might get some kind of a damaged container deal or closeout deal from them?

·
Registered
511 Posts
I had one of these a few years back, used it for hauling a couple of dirt bikes. It worked great for that (pretty light load w/ dirt bikes). What I found as the major weakness with the setup was the Wheel Bearings (or lack there of). (If this is the same model as the one I had, and it looks like it could be) It used Plain Bearings or "Busings" in the inner and outer hubs of the wheels. Not good for highway speeds (IMO). I made an improvement to the design by adding grease grooves on the ID of the Bushings and Drilling the Hubs and Busings and installing Grease Zerks. After putting around 2500 miles on the trailer hauling DB's, I noticed a small amount of "shake" in the Wheel assemblies.

If the trailer is going to do road duty, I would highly recommend a Bearing upgrade to some decent Axial / Roller Bearings. It probably wouldn't cost that much to achieve...

Good luck in your decision!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah if I could look at one first that would help...I don't think it would be hard to add some bearings. Still leary.

·
Registered
233 Posts
i only use it on local roads, keepin under 55 if thats what your asking. it works great though for hauling the bike, with it riding so low loading it up is very easy.

def gonna check the bearings now :rolleyes:

·
Banned
1,715 Posts
I imagine for less than two hundred $ someone could fabricate some spindles with real tappered wheel bearings for it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Did you guys see that the trailer is 40" x 48" (3.33'ft x 4'ft) not 96"x 48" (8'ft x 4'ft). It's the smaller trailer and a bike won't fit on it.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
My friend has one. You put a center rail on it that extends up into the tongue area and hangs off the back just a bit. You can adjust from there to get the right amount of tongue weight. You save quite a bit of overall weight compared to the bigger trailer. Works out well when trying to tow with a small car.

Here is a crappy picture. Not of my friends trailer but an almost identical one I saw at MAM. You can see that the front wheel chock is up on the tongue. The extra piece is a ramp folded back up over the top.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts