Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I bought a blade which needed in the end 4th gear replacing, finding that getting the gears to match with what was in there to match I replaced with complete gears, drum forks and all from a donor bike. she is now running great but looks like the gear box was from a 97 and the speedo is way out, like showing 60-65 when I am doing around 80mph (potential real problem with the money box vans at the NW200 this year lol). The engine has the crankcase sensor. Does any1 have an idea of options? like if I got the 97 front sprocket speedo set up would this work? or can the crankcase set up be made to work? any advice apreciated :)

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,042 Posts
Hi I bought a blade which needed in the end 4th gear replacing, finding that getting the gears to match with what was in there to match I replaced with complete gears, drum forks and all from a donor bike. she is now running great but looks like the gear box was from a 97 and the speedo is way out, like showing 60-65 when I am doing around 80mph (potential real problem with the money box vans at the NW200 this year lol). The engine has the crankcase sensor. Does any1 have an idea of options? like if I got the 97 front sprocket speedo set up would this work? or can the crankcase set up be made to work? any advice apreciated :)
Hey Adam, I'm pretty sure the ratios were changed for 98-99, thus going with the 97 tranny will most likely mess up your speedo reading. You can buy a Speedo Healer to adjust the signal coming from the sensor to the dash, it adjusts the pulse I guess to bring it in range. I think they are about $100. Search speedo healer on here and see what you get. Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I'll check up on them when I finish work. They might not do 99 clocks to 99 speedo sensor to 97 gearbox that is the question haha. With that in mind and the price and this isn't an option would the sprocket sensor fit to the 99?

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,042 Posts
Thanks I'll check up on them when I finish work. They might not do 99 clocks to 99 speedo sensor to 97 gearbox that is the question haha. With that in mind and the price and this isn't an option would the sprocket sensor fit to the 99?
No, it's a completely different set up. It should work with the healer. Guys here have added CBR600F4i clocks to their 900's (all year ranges) and with the healer they are able to get the proper readout. I am doing the same mod with my 93, which had a cable speedo. I'm adding the F4i clocks, and the sprocket speed sensor from a 96 900. It's a work in progress right now, far from getting it wired in. lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts