Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, need some addvice please!!!! got a led tail light with intergrated indicators for my 1999 blade, i also have a spyball alarm & immobiliser. I removed my stock tail light and indicators, and now i cant get the bike started, i think its the immobiliser. does anyone know if i have to somehow reset it or do something. the bike doesn't respond to the fob at all (i have changed the fob battary). any suggestions please. Thanks

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Have you tried disconnecting the alarm first to see if she starts?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
na no new relay (im not even sure what this is) - do i need this. i didn't disconnect the alarm, but i did disconnect the battary so see if it would re-set it. the bike dnt respond to the alarm fob at all, when i turn 'him' on the headlights come on, horn work, front indicators dont work and i havent even touched them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i removed the tail light and indicatord while bat was connected....! would low bat effect my alarm...would the headlights still work wth no/low bat??!

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
With a low battery the indicators, dash, lights etc could all still work but "he" won't start.

When installing new LED indicators, you should also install a new flasher relay or else they won't work properly.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea i've got some resistors. cheers dude, im gona wack the bat on charge and hope it works tomorre. ta.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Yeah good plan. Charge up the battery and go from there.

Let me know :)

·
Registered
213 Posts
Sounds like you have spiked your alarm, if you have a manual that come with alarm, you need to go through de-spike procedure.

If you don't have the manual, find out what model of spyball alarm you have, (model number should be on main unit), and download it.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I replied in you original post on this topic, you should have a override code with your alarm manual and you can manually switch off the immobiliser, there is also a way of resetting the fob but this didn't work for me. This is info is all available through google but if you can wait till tomorrow I have them at home.

Best solution to remove the system as this is common fault as the Spyball gets older...

·
Registered
290 Posts
From memory the manual override is as follows provide you have the code (it is a 9 digit number I think): Switch on the bike and watch the led it will flash rapidly for a per period and then start flashing slowly this is when you start counting the flashes. Count the flashes and the number of flashes corresponds to the first code number, i.e. 9 flashes if your first digit is 9, then switch off the ignition. Repeat for the second digit and then you should get a short period of rapid flashes to let you know you are doing it correctly. Repeat this process for all of the code digits remembering to switch of the ignition to log the number. When completed the system will disarm and you should be able to start the bike normally. This process takes about 5 minutes.

The fob reset is simpler, it is a matter of holding the second button (it is the other one to the one you normally use, the raised one I think) on the fob down for about 45 seconds. I'm not sure whether or not the bike should be switched on, but try both options if it doesn't work.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mmmm bat is fully charged, to no effect. Have tried all the fob tricks, mt led allarm light isn't working at all. I think i'm just going to remove it!!! It's always securly parked anyway!! Is this a job a novice should attempt??

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Is the alarm connected directly to the battery?

If so simply disconnect it and remove the alarm box

On my nc23 it had an alarm attached and I just removed that in 2mins. That was a cyclops C11 alarm so I don't know exactly how yours is attached

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The 10a fuse was the problem!!! when i went to my local honda dealer for a new fuse i asked about removing the spyball allarm, apparently there mechanics dont even install or remove them!! mistakes canbe costly. after changing the fuse, there are two black wires with a cap on the end which initially dont seem to do much, i had some advice wich said i should de-cap these wires, connect them and hold my fob button down to reset the allarm, it worked. Bill 07931390689 is/was a spyball technition based in harrow, he knows what he's talkin bout (as do you chaps). Thanks for ur help boys....shiny side up!!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Where are these wires locatated as this might work on mine as well. I had decided to removed the system and intended doing so over the Christmas but just didn't get around to it yet. Maybe this ill save me the bother...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
mine were located in the mits of a bundled up black wire cabble ties to the sub frame on the r/h side. mine was fitted by a spyball rep (says the paperwork) so dnt know if this is the standard was the do things. it is two thin blk wires that meet in a small blk plastic case (looks like a the ting that plugs ur telephone in) good luck!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts