Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello im needing some advice on a subject or peice of mind as after looking through this site found it be be a regular problem.
The problem is a tapping sound from the top of the engine that i can here above the exhaust noise and can be heard right through the rev range. i have just fitted a race can (straight through pipe)and am not sure if this has caused somthing to go wrong or that the tapping has always been there but with the race can fitted i can here it louder now. also if the bike is ideling and i hold the revs at say 2000rpm the needle will move up and down just above and below the 2000rpm like a miss fire:idunno: any advice welcome as riding aint the same thinking i might be killing by blade:thumbd:

·
Registered
47 Posts
how many miles are on your engine? maybe it needs the vales inspected and set...? also, maybe your cam chain tensioner needs to be replaced... Honda's are nortorious for weak cam chain tensioners... a great inexpensive replacement is a MANUAL CAM CHAIN TENSIONER from APERACEPARTS.COM, just make certain you don't overtighten it! just a few thoughts. take care and good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok thanks the engine has done 10,500 miles i will replace the tentioner for the manual 1 and if that isnt the problem get the valvs inspected. someone said to me that because id changed the standerd exhuast for a race 1 the lower compretion might be burning out the valvs:idunno: i will keep u posted thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts