Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wow, this is Crazy! A Cbr929, With 2012 ZX10r front end and 2010 zx10r wheels!
At least that's what he told me... He said all 2012 stuff but when I asked what after market wheel he had on there because the 2012's have three spoke wheels? That's when he said the wheels where 2010... the whole thing could be 2010.
Never see one before or even herd of anyone doing it but I saw one! The other day, on my local FB riding group. Plus, it's a full Enron too. It's was this kids dad's, he's selling it for $2,500. Branded title but low mi and it was just the left side fairings. If I had the money, I would've picked it up! Well, having three other bikes and I have a 4th lined up all ready. I don't think I need 5 bikes, do I??? :idunno::rotfl::smilebig:

I'm gonna go see it and talk to him a little about it, Not to buy. Just, never seen it done.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
ive heard of guys putting zx14 rims on a 954 so i guess this isnt too far a stretch. you can make just about anything work with the right knowledge and tools. : )

·
Registered
931 Posts
Pshaw! My '97 has an R1 front end, Aprillia swinging arm and '08 cbr 1000 rear wheel to match the spokes on the R1 wheel. Easy peasy jobs! Oh, and a 954 fairing and seat set. Seems to me that most Jap bikes are pretty interchangeable.

·
Registered
20 Posts
ive heard of guys putting zx14 rims on a 954 so i guess this isnt too far a stretch. you can make just about anything work with the right knowledge and tools. : )
Have a link? I cant find anything about swapping those rims on a 954

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have a link? I cant find anything about swapping those rims on a 954
I know the ZX10r wheels swap, super easy! You just need the spacers pretty much. Well and rotors off the 08 plus zx10rs and mill off 10mm off the brakes calipers, because the zx10r rotors are smaller. Or you could Mill off 15mm and use 04-07 zx10r rotors

·
Registered
20 Posts
I know the ZX10r wheels swap, super easy! You just need the spacers pretty much. Well and rotors off the 08 plus zx10rs and mill off 10mm off the brakes calipers, because the zx10r rotors are smaller. Or you could Mill off 15mm and use 04-07 zx10r rotors
I haven't been able to find any info on this, Do you know if there is a write up anywhere?

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
some years of zx10 and zx14 are 43mm forks with 50mm uppers so you can swap the entire front end not including the triple clamps from either and they will fit. i dont have any links. i was researching some definitive answers like a write up but never found one.

·
Registered
20 Posts
some years of zx10 and zx14 are 43mm forks with 50mm uppers so you can swap the entire front end not including the triple clamps from either and they will fit. i dont have any links. i was researching some definitive answers like a write up but never found one.
Ah ok, are the brake caliper/rotor offset not the same between the 10 and 954? What about the rear wheel?

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
nor real sure on what has to be done to make it work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts