Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Im working on my bike and have a few questions.

1 will a bad Fuel Pressure Regulator cause the motor to not turn over---it has flooded #1 and #3 cylinders from the valves up.
2 the gas that flooded the cylinders is dark yellow---its supposed to be 93 octane. is this bad that its dark yellow like that?
3 where are the important grounds on the bike, if the FPR isnt broken then im assuming its a bad ground.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Hey Im working on my bike and have a few questions.

1 will a bad Fuel Pressure Regulator cause the motor to not turn over---it has flooded #1 and #3 cylinders from the valves up.
2 the gas that flooded the cylinders is dark yellow---its supposed to be 93 octane. is this bad that its dark yellow like that?
3 where are the important grounds on the bike, if the FPR isnt broken then im assuming its a bad ground.

1. If a cylinder fills with liquid fuel before the compression stroke then it will hydraulically lock. Either remove the plugs and crank the engine on the starter to expel the fluid or put it in gear and roll it backwards until the valves open and let it evaporate.
It can't flood above the valves.
Have you checked the FPR?
2. No idea - maybe it's just mixed with a little oil from the engine? How old is the fuel?
3. The starter motor, I think one on the engine above the transmission and another on the crossmember at the rear of the main frame - I can't recall, and mine aren't in their original positions.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1. If a cylinder fills with liquid fuel before the compression stroke then it will hydraulically lock. Either remove the plugs and crank the engine on the starter to expel the fluid or put it in gear and roll it backwards until the valves open and let it evaporate.
It can't flood above the valves.
Have you checked the FPR?
2. No idea - maybe it's just mixed with a little oil from the engine? How old is the fuel?
3. The starter motor, I think one on the engine above the transmission and another on the crossmember at the rear of the main frame - I can't recall, and mine aren't in their original positions.
thanks man that helps a lot. it actually did flood above the valves. check out the video, the two dark spots are where the valves that go down into the cylinder.
there was a little bit of old gas in it then i added a gallon or two of the 93.
And i found the one on the crossmember ill look for the other two tomorrow.
btw i already ordered a FPR. Fuel literally drains right outa it when you turn it on.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
thanks man that helps a lot. it actually did flood above the valves. check out the video, the two dark spots are where the valves that go down into the cylinder.
there was a little bit of old gas in it then i added a gallon or two of the 93.
And i found the one on the crossmember ill look for the other two tomorrow.
btw i already ordered a FPR. Fuel literally drains right outa it when you turn it on.

Video?

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Do not check the gaps on the 954rr iridium plugs. This will damage the iridium coating on them.
You do realize that not every spark plug comes with the Correct Gap right?
So how do you know that it is the right gap? I dont care what the box says.

I have had some that were a lot out..

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Siphon that out asap!

Pull the plugs, turn the motor over and leave it so the gas evaporates.

Check the oil level as well as that's where all that fuel ends up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts