Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
Heavy-Dee said:
Scrooge/Grinch says:

"Happy Chrismahanakwanzmadon"!

Seriously. Happy Holidays everyone. Whatever you celebrate, I hope it's a good one.

As my muslim friend says: "I celebrate anything that gives me holiday."

HD
haha yeah. when I worked on Martha's Vineyard I was in the office this one time before my shift an this other driver comes in and he was looking at the calendar and asked our boss if we could all have boxing day off just to get a day off. most of us worked 6 days a week, 50-70 hours a week. the money was definetly good.

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CBR929RE said:
haha yeah. when I worked on Martha's Vineyard I was in the office this one time before my shift an this other driver comes in and he was looking at the calendar and asked our boss if we could all have boxing day off just to get a day off. most of us worked 6 days a week, 50-70 hours a week. the money was definetly good.

What does that have to do w/ anything? Are you drunk?

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TGZ13 said:
AKA day of not working and getting paid or day to get presents :smilebig:

Not necessarily. Celebrations can take place in many different ways. He just means that whatever adds pleasure to his life. That's all.

God damn. Someone shoot me in the head..... :D

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
Heavy-Dee said:
Not necessarily. Celebrations can take place in many different ways. He just means that whatever adds pleasure to his life. That's all.

God damn. Someone shoot me in the head..... :D
he needs a new word then.

but check this out, pretty messed up (not back then but today no one thinks of it like this)

Roman Holiday
NOUN:1. Enjoyment or satisfaction derived from observing the suffering of others. 2. A violent public spectacle or disturbance in which shame, degradation, or physical harm is intentionally inflicted on one person or group by another. ETYMOLOGY:From the bloody gladiatorial contests staged as entertainment for the ancient Romans.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Holiday is modern english for "Holy Day" which was a day spent doing penance and making offerings. I think your Muslim friend is winding you up, as Muslim Holy Days aren't usually perceived as "time off" . . .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts