Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, not been here for a while, been busy, but, more importantly, been away for a week on the 929.

If you would like a nice relaxing 10 minutes, please feel free to look at the photos I took in France here.  Photo titles are self explanatory.

I am the girlie in one of the photos by the way for those of you that don't know me.

Vital statistics: (of the trip, not me  )

2000 miles in 6 days

max speed 145  - with luggage on

we managed to bring back 5 bottles of wine because we took so little luggage!!

temp about 75F, perfect for bike riding.

Pity most of you live so far from europe cos riding in France is about as perfect as it gets.    

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ND4SPDSHO : Be careful with that statement, some people might frown on it  

Nice pics
erm have I been politically incorrect or something? No offence I just meant it is so so so so much better than our speed camera ridden UK.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I was in France almost 10 years ago. As much as we like to hate them, it is a beautiful country. Great pictures...

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
thedoctor : Quote (ND4SPDSHO @ Aug. 28 2003, 2:22pm)Be careful with that statement, some people might frown on it  

Nice pics
erm have I been politically incorrect or something? No offence I just meant it is so so so so much better than our speed camera ridden UK.
No, but the french have become hated around here. Just making some fun, that's all

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ND4SPDSHO : Did your helmet fall in the last pic or did you put it down like that on purpose?  
a) its not mine it's hubby's

b) it was chained to the bike and sort of ended up like that!!

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
ND4SPDSHO : Quote (thedoctor @ Aug. 28 2003, 2:24pm)Quote (ND4SPDSHO @ Aug. 28 2003, 2:22pm)Be careful with that statement, some people might frown on it  

Nice pics
No, but the french have become hated around here.  Just making some fun, that's all  
You can speed excessively and no one will care in France. I have an article in Performance Bikes where those gents took a busa and a 12R around france in record time...

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Seen that article, fookers took the boat, and as soon as they hit the road, they went WFO for quite a while.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm ermm a little embarrassed ermmm to say that it became a bit of a 'thing' to race out of the toll booths in the peages (toll highways).

I won of course. (in my dreams).

I won on the twisty bits though!

Those zx12rs are not all they're cracked up to be never go touring with anyone on a zx12r (unless you're married to him/her I guess&#33. They only do about 100/110 miles before the owner gets really really worried about where the next gas station is. Also, they seem much more sensitive to mph than the 929, whose fuel consumption didn't really change much over a range of average speeds.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Hi Jan! Glad you had fun on your trip. It only took me 5 minutes to view your pics. MY question is - Where are the pics?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Obviously you had a darn good time over there. The photos are excellent & would send any painter or sketcher buggy to put it down as they see fit. I know for I am a pen & ink sketcher as a hobby. We just do not see OLD buildings in Western Canada.

·
Registered
3 Posts
ND4SPDSHO : No, but the french have become hated around here.  Just making some fun, that's all  
I like to be hated by foreigners, especially when I don't know why ...

Any problems with french people guys ?  

1 - 20 of 30 Posts