Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never thought I'd ever wear out a pair of sliders, but I managed to do it. I read the RRW slider article and chose the Asphalt and Gas leather ones. $40.00 at Kneedraggers. Bad choice.
I hate them. :thumbd:

It seriously feels like fred Flintstone has his feet out, trying to stop the bike! I have to consciously remember to use a very light "touch" with them, which may be better technique, but if there's a bump on the track it just about rips your leg off.

If there is someone who loves these things, I'll make you a deal.. If someone wants a nice, lightly scuffed set "for the street," PM me!

Otherwise, buyer beware.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
CBRVFR said:
I never thought I'd ever wear out a pair of sliders, but I managed to do it. I read the RRW slider article and chose the Asphalt and Gas leather ones. $40.00 at Kneedraggers. Bad choice.
I hate them. :thumbd:

It seriously feels like fred Flintstone has his feet out, trying to stop the bike! I have to consciously remember to use a very light "touch" with them, which may be better technique, but if there's a bump on the track it just about rips your leg off.

If there is someone who loves these things, I'll make you a deal.. If someone wants a nice, lightly scuffed set "for the street," PM me!

Otherwise, buyer beware.
You just don't know what a good puck should feel like. I have used the A&Gs since the first batch they made and absolutely love them. I'll take em off your hands (are you coming to Trackoholics?).

They do have a bit of drag, but that's what I look for in terms of feel and they have never bounced like the plastic ones do (nearly broke my knee bouncing off a curbing with a set of Dianese pucks). It's chocolate and vanilla I guess . . .

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
abtech said:
You just don't know what a good puck should feel like. I have used the A&Gs since the first batch they made and absolutely love them. I'll take em off your hands (are you coming to Trackoholics?).

They do have a bit of drag, but that's what I look for in terms of feel and they have never bounced like the plastic ones do (nearly broke my knee bouncing off a curbing with a set of Dianese pucks). It's chocolate and vanilla I guess . . .

You just don't know what a good puck should feel like ---

That almost sounds like an old country song...

Yeah, I admit it, I must sound like the equivalent of a guitar player who likes solid state amps better because "they're louder". I shouldn't have implied they're not well made, and the reason that I tried them is because a lot of experienced riders use them, They're just so different than what I expected that it ends up being just another distraction I don't need..

I have a couple of PM's on them - if they're not spoken for soon, I'll see you on the 26th, we'll haggle.

·
Registered
925 Posts
abtech said:
You just don't know what a good puck should feel like. I have used the A&Gs .
I agree, Jeff Lee (owner) is a really nice guy, he even made some cool sliders for my Daytonas---all good

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
I love them. I hate hard plastic stuff. The new Dainese are real soft plastic, nice feel, but you can wear them out in a day or 2.

A&G has the regular compound which I found a bit grippy, but liked, but they have some Super Endurance compound that is the best of both for me. Nice smooth feel, super long lasting. :thumb:

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, the A&G's have done to an appreciative new owner, and I had a much nicer experience with a set of plastic Klucky Pucks - mmmmmmmmmmm, smooth like buttah.. Looks like they'll wear well, too.

So everybody's happy now.:thumb:

·
Registered
123 Posts
I like the Skull and smiley face sliders... they look cool :) P.S. How long does kneedraggers usually take to ship ground?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts