1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
I need a battery for my 929
I know I need YTZ10S-BS
besides VARTA and YUASA there's a shortage of these on the romanian market, what other brands are ok ?
thanks

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
hi
I need a battery for my 929
I know I need YTZ10S-BS
besides VARTA and YUASA there's a shortage of these on the romanian market, what other brands are ok ?
thanks

Maybe tell us what brands you can access?
Or simply order a Yuasa online?

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
If you can get a MotoBatt AGM battery - they're VERY good. Holds its charge forever (at least it seems that way).

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i can find with ease "volton" , "landport", "toplite" this one is made by yuasa ( so they say) but i'm not so sure i've owned one and it quit on me after 2 years shouldn't it last longer ....?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
i can find with ease "volton" , "landport", "toplite" this one is made by yuasa ( so they say) but i'm not so sure i've owned one and it quit on me after 2 years shouldn't it last longer ....?

Never seen any of those.
If you ride daily then yes, a Yuasa will last several years.
If you ride less than weekly then perhaps not.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Never seen any of those.
If you ride daily then yes, a Yuasa will last several years.
If you ride less than weekly then perhaps not.
For a topped up battery there's daily riding. For other times, there's battery tenders :)

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
For a topped up battery there's daily riding. For other times, there's battery tenders :)

Not a fan of tenders.
I'd rather charge a battery properly every week or two than expect a trickle charger to prolong its life.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Dunno. One of my friends got rid of his 2003 954 in 2011, and he still had the original battery in it. Same with all of his bikes, if it's more than a couple of days before it gets ridden, it goes on the tender. Never had a failed battery yet.

Of course, it's MUCH more fun to ride :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts