Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I was hoping to get some opinions on what kind of suit to get. I want a 2 piece because of the versatility and easy on/off. I pretty much have it narrowed down to an A* GPU, or an AGV Trident. I have searched and found that many people like the A*, but have found little or no feedback on any AGV. I tried on an Alpinestars TZ1 in a 44 (Im about 5'11 ~175lbs with a bit of a beer gut :D ) and liked it, but it is out of the price range. Does anybody know if there is that much of a difference between these two? I would appreciate any help/comments as Im really new to this because I only wear more relaxed-fitting textiles on the street. Thanks.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I've recently brought an A* GPU 2 piece and I absolutlely love it.Best fitting suit I've ever worn.According to what I've read there is little difference between A* suits apart from externally.The only niggle is that the 2pc does'nt have a pocket for back armour whereas the 1pc does,but a separate back armour fixes that.
I've had teknic 1 & 2 pc suits and they weren't nearly as comfortable as the A*.
Going from textile the only thing is that A* are fitted for the riding position,but the 2pc is less aggresive fitting than the one pc.......75degree versus 90degree anatomical fit.
Try looking at newenough.com for fitting guides and reviews,I found them quite helpful.
Good luck with your shopping.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts