Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Update!!! Well, I'm about to throw this thing away!!! The main thing right now is the fan (radiator) does not come on. Not sure if is because the red/green cable is not connected to anything. According to the wire diagram, that cable goes up to the dash along with the LCD display. One of the turn signal lights does not work, the other three do, but for some odd reason the front right does not blink. It does turn on as running light, but no blinking, I installed a relay for it. Going back to the fan, I'm not sure if it needs another relay, I don't think it does, but with the other remaining cables (fan/clock, brake, tail light) and black/brown neutral, oil, temp, tacho, speedo, position light, horn, meter, tail light, they're just there. I'll keep at it for a bit longer, before I decide to put it back the way it was before

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
Morning , yes your right the Red/Green wire runs from the Fan Relay to the Cluster, have you tested the relay (page 6-17)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Yes I have, and is in working order. I believe this cable is what turns on the fan. I'm not sure how/where to connect this cable in relation to the dashboard and according to the set temperature. That's where I'm stuck right now.

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
Hi , is it the the coolant temp gauge in the cluster we are talking about because that info comes from the ECT sensor, page 15 "A" mode explains it (of your DaVinci Manual)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
No, it's not that one. That cable is connected, and it's working properly (temp read) Just the cable that turns on the fan, once the set temp is reached (I think 203 feiringheit) For a while I thought of taking the two wires and putting them together to see if that would work. I just feel like it's something simple and I'm missing it

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
The wire that powers the Fan is the Black/Blue which comes from the Fan Relay to the Fan, the fan could turn on later than 203 have you had the engine up to temp,you could always install a remote switch to turn on the fan which is usually splicing into the + on the number plate light and to + on the Fan , bypassing the relay, there are notes on line

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Do you happen to have a color cable sheet like the one you sent me, but for a 2005 CBR 1000RR? If you do, can you be so kind and send it my way? Thanks in advance!!

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
Do you happen to have a color cable sheet like the one you sent me, but for a 2005 CBR 1000RR? If you do, can you be so kind and send it my way? Thanks in advance!!
Yes matey, but just thinking if you have the cluster lit then its the same wire(Red/Green) 20amp that powers the fan and the cluster. Anyhow here's the 05 cbr1000rr USA Diagram , and what wire do you have connected to the Davinci to power it

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I connect it to the black/brown, which runs 12v, and that seems to have fixed the dashboard mph reading as well. The black/brown cable comes form the speed sensor. looking at the diagram. Also, in the diagram, from the etc, the grey/blue goes to the dash, I imagine that's gives the temp reading. Then, the red/green (12v as well) comes out of the dash to the fan switch. Here's where I get all confused, because that got me thinking that there is a "switch" in the dash that turns the fan on/off (just like the turn signal relay). From what I can see in the 05 diagram, that is not the case. Not sure if I'm making any sense. I might go ahead and bypass the system, but I feel like there's a simple solution to this, that its glaring at my face and I can't see it. I don't have the manual, so I might have checked the fan relay incorrectly. What would be the best way to check it?

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
Have you thought about bypassing the fan relay with a switch spliced into a 12v circuit to turn ON/Off the fan, have a look on this site or like this

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Mr. Pickwick, I would like to thank you for all of your help and support thru this process. Got everything to work (almost!!) and it's looking fantastic!! I know its has been a while, but I was working on some other stuff as well. Here's a pick of the final product.
20210629_214154.jpg
20210629_210505_2_2.gif

21 - 31 of 31 Posts