Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend sent me these links showing that tying down at the fork is better for the fork seals them selves:

Link 1
Link 2

Opinions?

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
After towing motorcycles around for over 40 years, I have never had a single problem associated from tying down any bike from the top of the triple clamps. No problems with fork seals, springs etc. and I have never once had one come loose. Having said that, I have never used cheap tie downs either . . .

Seems to me like a solution to a problem that doesn't exist . . . .

·
Registered
102 Posts
I use a SportChalk from Baxley and a Canyon Dancer or bar harness. I use high quality thumbstraps for the front and a ratchet type strap for the rear. I have never had a problem with this setup. Before the SportChalk I would always double strap the front in case of a failure. I learned the hard way coming back from a trip. :crying:

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
Use a Strapless Transport Stand...we don't need no stinkin' tiedowns :thumb:

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My buddy and I actually tried a variant of this method. We lopped the tie down through the space between the brake caliper and fork instead of the front axel. It worked out really well. The bike did not show any instability when trailered for approximately 200 miles.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Red Rider said:
comimg back to Castroville from Laguna Seca in 2004 we were following a new Dodge pickup with a shiny 'busa in the back. Funny it's leaning to the left I thought. Funny the tailgate's down on this full size long bed truck.

Just about then the 'busa walks its way back on it's three point footprint in the bed and bounces off the pavement into a lettuce field.

He din't neeeed no steeeeeking tie-downs, either.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
OR a strapless!!!!

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Red Rider said:
I was looking into the Strapless Stand when I do get my van.:thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts