Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
i've just bought a honda 945, 2002. it has only 5000 miles, looks very good, sounds very well when it's cold. but when it's warm a beat appears in the engine.... the seller told me that that oil need to be changed, and if i'll start riding it the beat will disappear
please, give me some advise. should i take it back?
is it possibil that the odometer to be counterfeited?
can a bike with so few miles to have big problems?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
If you bought it privately I doubt you'll be likely to take it back.
Until you find something wrong with it though there's not much point.
Of course the odometer can be incorrect.
Nobody has ever invented one that can't be altered by the very simple method of replacing it.
Yes, even a good strong brand new engine can be destroyed very quickly if abused.

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
954RRs do have thin engine cases and are reknown for the amount of noise you can hear from them - Mine always makes a bit of noise, even more when I let the clutch out in Neutral.

Might be nothing, Blade, did the 954RRs have the same problems as the 929RRs with the CCT?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
954RRs do have thin engine cases and are reknown for the amount of noise you can hear from them - Mine always makes a bit of noise, even more when I let the clutch out in Neutral.

Might be nothing, Blade, did the 954RRs have the same problems as the 929RRs with the CCT?
I think all bikes have problems with automatic camchain tensioners.
I wouldn't leave one in an engine for more than about 50,000kms.
I think it's a bad idea putting auto tensioners in any engine that revs past 10,000rpm.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, i forgot to tell you the finish of this problem.... i changed the oil.... and i start riding him daily..... after 500km the noise disappeared... and staid that way.....(i made 7000km since than). it runs perferct...

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
well, i forgot to tell you the finish of this problem.... i changed the oil.... and i start riding him daily..... after 500km the noise disappeared... and staid that way.....(i made 7000km since than). it runs perferct...
That's excellent news :)
I wonder what was causing the noise then. Have you changed the oil again since then?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts