Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My A* Track Pants arrived today! :D

First impression is very favorable. GP armor, stretch Kevlar panel in the crotch, reflective 3M logos, removable/washable liner, nice knee sliders, etc.

This is my first set of leather pants. They seem to fit pretty well in size 54 along with my size 56 TZ-1 jacket (the two zip together with a full circumference zipper). Length is about right even for 6'3" me. My only real gripe is they feel tight through the knees when on the bike, but I assume this is in part because of the thick armor in that location. I would also assume that, like the jacket, some time spent on the bike will break these garments in and they'll be more comfortable with time.

MAM, here I come! :hyper:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
BDA116 said:
Sure. Just make it more difficult for us why don't you?
Oh, and have you figured out who's eyes those are yet? :evilaugh:
You think I'm gonna show my face after what you did to me last time? :nono:

:rasp:

No, I haven't a clue whose eyes those are. I'm sickened to think about it. :rotfl:

--

Newf: probably forever.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I suck at guessing games. I'd rather just break something over your head and make you cough it up.

I'm leaving to go drink a beer and eat some Chinese now...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,531 Posts
Ah, O.K. detective. That one should have been easy.
How about He's bad, real bad. You know it?
He's looking at the man in the mirror?
He either wants to thrill you or have you beat it?
Um, he started out life a little black kid and is now an old white woman?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
334 Posts
Oh I think I can up with a good one with these pics, hehe.....

Chain I'm looking at ordering those as well and I also have the tz1. How does the leather match up with each other pretty close? It looks nice together. Im kinda pissed at A*'s because they dont sell the TZ1 pants separately, jack asses. That TZ1 took a while to break in around the neck area. I actually added some mink oil around the neck to help loosen it up some.

I decided on those track pants once I felt the different armour in them bewteen the bat pants and track pants. What a difference.

Caption for your pic: "Walk like an Egyptian"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
I just ordered a pair also size 54. What size pants do you wear in us jeans? Just curious, I wear a 38 and hope the 54 is not to tight.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
BDA116 said:
Ah, O.K. detective. That one should have been easy.
How about He's bad, real bad. You know it?
He's looking at the man in the mirror?
He either wants to thrill you or have you beat it?
Um, he started out life a little black kid and is now an old white woman?
Hey, I just got back from a night out and only now see the hints. I actually drank wine with my Chinese...Peanut Butter Chicken and Mongolian Beef washed down with a nice Merolt. :yumyum: [belch] Anyway, that's disgusting that you'd put MJ's eyeballs on my noggin.

We are no longer friends.

















:p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,216 Posts
Just be glad he did not put MJ's nose on ya.

Whats left of it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
tikki50 said:
Oh I think I can up with a good one with these pics, hehe.....

Chain I'm looking at ordering those as well and I also have the tz1. How does the leather match up with each other pretty close? It looks nice together. Im kinda pissed at A*'s because they dont sell the TZ1 pants separately, jack asses. That TZ1 took a while to break in around the neck area. I actually added some mink oil around the neck to help loosen it up some.

I decided on those track pants once I felt the different armour in them bewteen the bat pants and track pants. What a difference.

Caption for your pic: "Walk like an Egyptian"
I'm totally smitted with Alpinestars - I've been a fan of their boots for a long while, but I'm highly impressed with this new leather gear. To answer your question, yes, the leather matches pretty closely, almost as if it came from the same lot.

A friend who just bought his first pair of leather pants (Tourmaster I think) says he pulled the knee armor out because he disliked the constriction in the knee area when he bent his leg to get up on the pegs. Mine feels tight too, but I have to believe it's better to start out snug and let the leather work in as you use it.

:idunno:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Lucky929er said:
I just ordered a pair also size 54. What size pants do you wear in us jeans? Just curious, I wear a 38 and hope the 54 is not to tight.
My trouble isn't waist size, it's inseam length. My jean size runs about 35 in the waist. I can get in 34s (snug) and I have 36s too (my fat pants as the ladies call 'em, lol).

If you're a honest to goodness 38 jean, a 54 in these A*s may or may not work for you. I think they'll be snug around the waist.

However, if you bought them from New Enough (where I got mine), you'll have no trouble with an exchange - they don't charge restock fees when you swap for another size.
 
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Top