Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those of you both authorized and willing to vote in the next US prez election( and anyone with an opinion, of course), and other elections...Would you be open to a third party?

What specifically would that party need to say and represent to garner your vote?

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Looking at the US, Australia & England it seems the same question could be asked - it often seems to be a 2 party choice. I am always willing to look at alternatives but the best minds always end up in the private sector where the real money is.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the best minds always end up in the private sector where the real money is.
Following that reasoning, do you think we ought to limit the power to vote to ONLY those with money?

Should only the rich have the vote, because they earned "more" and are then somehow smarter than the rest of us?

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Following that reasoning, do you think we ought to limit the power to vote to ONLY those with money?

Should only the rich have the vote, because they earned "more" and are then somehow smarter than the rest of us?
No, voting should be compulsory for everyone and it should be taken seriously. My point was that a lot of qualified people may never consider a political career option because the private sector offers more.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, voting should be compulsory for everyone and it should be taken seriously. My point was that a lot of qualified people may never consider a political career option because the private sector offers more.
Is that not oxymoronic, though? Just about any compulsory thing is derided as an unpleasant obligation, not an honorable duty/privilege...

I sort of agree that many eschew public-political life; but there are some talented folks that, were the lower house of a given legislature staffed randomly, would serve and bring that competence to bear for the betterment of the given-nation...

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Make it compulsory some people will "donkey" vote yes but it will force a percentage of people to think and choose.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts