Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there was a mixup during the oil change on my roommates bike (01 929) that ended with the bike having about 7 quarts of oil in it for around 100 miles. He complained about it running bad which is how we figured out we both put oil in the bike. So once it was drained and refilled it is kind of sputtering at idle and is very lightly spitting oil from the exhaust. Anyone have any idea if any permanent damage could have been done or if it could just be oil burning off?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Overfilled with oil and pressure in in the crankcase, you're lucky you didn't blow some gaskets. Oil from the exhaust means that the oil has seeped past the piston rings and into the combustion chamber. Replace the spark plugs and put a bottle of fuel injection cleaner in the fuel tank. Good luck!

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
You've probably got oil in the crankcase vents as well, which means you'll probably want to open the airbox as well and clean that out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the tips guys, I guess its time to get in the garage, I'll let ya know how it turns out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts