Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i turned on my bike after it sitting for 2 weeks and rode it to my chicks house.... on the way there, i stoped to get gas and when i went to restart it, the fuel pump that normaly charges up and then turns off when i turn the key on, now keeps running constantly and makes a horrible grinding sound. ALSO the fuel injection warning light stays on and the little fuel injection icon is lit on the dash.

Also the bike has a NOTICABLE stumble between 5500 and 6000.

I think the pump (or pressure regulator) is obviously going bad, but my question is, does anyone know if this will damage the bike if i ride it the way it is or should i just get my trailer and tow it home???

PS, if anyone has one available for an 01 929 please IM me!

Thanks in advance.

M.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
maRRtin said:
...... the fuel pump that normaly charges up and then turns off when i turn the key on, now keeps running constantly and makes a horrible grinding sound. ALSO .......IM me!

Thanks in advance.

M.

I thought it was the htev valve cleaning itself when you flip the key? I know my RZ350 did the lil clean the power valve disco when the key was flipped.

I have heard of the htevs taking a dump but not the fuel pumps.

·
Registered
929 Posts
The initial noise made after turning the ignition 'ON' is the fuel pump priming the system. It sounds like you have a bad regulator, or a leak in your fuel system. Lift the tank and check the lines to make sure you dont have any cracked/leaking lines. If you have lifted the tank recently, ensure the lines are free of kinks or unnatural routing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts