Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well have done some research but I am wondering if you can just use the 929 harness injectors blah blah pretty much just swap the motors and use all the 929 stuff with the 954 block heads whole motor

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Yes, you can.

Reactions: macca9540

·
Banned
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would it run and be right? As I read the harness and plugs and stuff are different. And also BladeRacer you are the man, ur usually the first to answer ?'s I have

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
:)
Yes, it'll run fine but it would run better if you also replaced the entire harness, ECU, instrument cluster and ignition switch.
If you replace the harness then you will be missing the connector for the fan switch in the 929 radiator but I would expect the 929 fan would run just fine off the 954 harness connector.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
It'll run just like a bike should but it won't run as optimally as it will with the correct ECU. The correct ECU will also require changing the other electrics though so you may want to just swap the engine in first and swap the rest over later on if you decide you want to.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
A PC mapped to suit would be good to optimise it with the non-954 ECU too I would think.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Should do :)

·
Banned
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok another ? are the side cases the same? The 954 motor is missing the stator cover and stator will the 929 stuff work?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Nope.
The 929 cover will fit the motor but the 929 stator won't fit in the 954 cover and the 929 stator won't fit the 954 rotor.
I _think_ that if you get a 929 stator, cover and rotor then the whole lot should fit just fine.
I wouldn't waste money on a secondhand stator as they all go bad eventually and "eventually" might be the day after you buy it :)
And if you're going to buy a new aftermarket one you may as well get a 954 one that you know will fit your rotor. Then you only need a 954 cover which is also cheap enough to buy new or, if you want to avoid a smashed off stator in the future you can buy a heavy racing cover.

·
Banned
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok cuz i figured if i could i would just swap my 929 stuff over. If the 929 rotor stator and cover will work then it's game time

1 - 13 of 13 Posts