Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hay every one! So on my 02 954 I just took out the radiator and cleaned it up. I also took out the flapper in the Ari box. I did disconnect the connections to the air box and fuel pump. Pretty sure I got every thing reconnected. Try to start and the fuel pump primes but no fire. I am wondering if taking out the flapper made something happen that it won't start.
I know these things.
I just bought it.
when I got it, it would cut out when reved up and smell gas in exhaust.
the exhaust valve has been modified.
The air box flap cable had been cut but the flap was still shut in the box. So I just took it out.
I am also wondering if I am not getting spark rite now because it doesn't even try to fire.
It does smell like it is flooded, so I think it is getting fuel.
Any thoughts would be helpful.

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,146 Posts
Check to make sure you connected the right connectors to each other. I know there are 2 connectors that look identical, but wreak havoc when mis-plugged.

Also, a known issue arises with the age of the Fuel Pressure Regulator. There are threads amongst threads about the FPR here. Give those 2 issues a look.

Additionally, a power commander will help with mapping and throttle response once you get it sorted out.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
update of course I had missed something. The connection going to the coils. Here it is back to life.
The smoke is seafoam. I flooded it with it when I had it apart.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts