Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my girlfriend (who's from Chicago) and some of her friends (who visited for a couple of months) and just about every lady / gentleman from the U.S who I have met all seem to have this funny idea regarding the roots of the band AC/DC.

So the question to you all - where do you believe AC/DC originated from - Please be honest - NO GOOGLING the answer.

OH YEAH - Name the town.

Cheers,
Dave aka ICHSNOO :D

·
Registered
106 Posts
Dont know the town, but they're Aussies mate hehehe I love AC/DC. Angus and Malcolm Young are one of the best rock duos ever. :freebird:

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Alternating Current/Direct Current - The album High Voltage also kind of gives it away.

The Young brothers were born in Scotland and moved to Sydney as children.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wikipedia is a great source of info huh. Glad to see that AC/DC are recognised as an Aussie act - clears it up for me. It must be just my girlfriend and her mates that thought that they were a U.S. act.

AND YES THEY DO ROCK HARD:thumb:

Cheers,
Dave aka ICHSNOO

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
what gave her the impression they were a US band? seems a bit weird considering they've been around for 30 years and I thought everyone who liked them would have known they were aussies.

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
ichsnoo said:
So my girlfriend (who's from Chicago) and some of her friends (who visited for a couple of months) and just about every lady / gentleman from the U.S who I have met all seem to have this funny idea regarding the roots of the band AC/DC.

So the question to you all - where do you believe AC/DC originated from - Please be honest - NO GOOGLING the answer.

OH YEAH - Name the town.

Cheers,
Dave aka ICHSNOO :D
They're an Aussie band.

HD

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
CBR929RE said:
what gave her the impression they were a US band? seems a bit weird considering they've been around for 30 years and I thought everyone who liked them would have known they were aussies.
Not too sure what gave her the idea they were not Aussie - surprised the hell out of me mate.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts