Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanx to everyone or the greetings i received. I think if anyone ever takes over the world it woeld probabbly be bikers . Reason 1 = We wil do it Fast ..Reason 2 = nobody else helps or stics together like bikers do.Rumpy i like the spray job on your RR2 and Destructo yes the VFR and the FIREBLADE are both great my VFR was just a bit old and it didnt look so great the blade is in good nick and it goes extremely wel so so if i had to pic between a new blade or VFR id pic the blade..what do you think?

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
The Blade is definitely the better looking bike, and performs much better too, but the VFR has a better riding position I find. Of course my Blade is 10 years newer (less old?) than my VFR so you would expect that. My VFR is old and looks scruffy since I came off it last year, but it still goes well. The VFR does look like an old man's bike, I agree.

It depends what you want, from what I have experienced on one of the early VFRs I would expect the newer ones to be one of the better bikes for the road, maybe moreso than the Blade. But on the right road, the Fireblade is still awesome.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HEheheh...thanx ...still have a couple of years to go before i reach VFR age then ..

What all can be done to the Fireblade to get more HP on the back weel?myne is still standard .. this is probably the most asked question ever and alot of poeple say diferent things. You guys who have been riding so long "ProS" shoeld have the best advice for me..

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
What all can be done to the Fireblade to get more HP on the back weel?myne is still standard .. this is probably the most asked question ever and alot of poeple say diferent things. You guys who have been riding so long "ProS" shoeld have the best advice for me..
Well the simple and fairly cheap things are exhaust, air filter and re-jet. You could also do some suspension mods which might be beneficial. You could also change the gearing for better acceleration / lower top speed but this can mess up the speedo reading / odometer depending on where the readings come from.

After that, things start to get expensive - rebores, turbo, nitrous - after doing the easy stuff it's most likely going to be cheaper to buy a faster bike than to pour money in to making that one perform better.

·
Registered
20,980 Posts
:welcome: the blade...vfr for when you get older..............like 50:evilaugh:
:evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh: :evilaugh:
What are you trying to say?! :crying:

The VFR and CBR are two very different bikes, buy both :D
OOOh touched a nerve there me thinks Rick :smilebig: :smilebig: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts