Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
That's awful. It's no wonder dealers, at least around here, don't allow you to test ride anything. Some dealers match up what your looking for to a beat up used trade in version. I used to be able to test ride brand new 0 mile bikes at my dealer (my 929 for example, that's what sold me), but not anymore.

Article was sketchy as to what happened, but too sad all the same.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Quote Police took measurements and will study the area to determine the cause of the crash.

Failure to yield by the truck!

I can hear it now. Cops say that these race bikes are just too dangerous and the man should have been in a car...

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
[edit: Please remove this post]

·
Registered
398 Posts
I've never been able to test ride a bike... for reasons just such as this.

I'm sorry that someone died....

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
That's horrible. The Honda dealer here allowed me to test drive the 954 and a Katana prior to that, as long as I had the motorcycle endorsement on my license. But the local dealer of Ducati/Aprilia/BMW's says their insurance won't allow the test driving of any sportbikes - but that touring bikes are okay to test drive.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
figment : Quote Police took measurements and will study the area to determine the cause of the crash.
Failure to yield by the truck!

I can hear it now. Cops say that these race bikes are just too dangerous and the man should have been in a car...
Very true!

·
Registered
595 Posts
What a shame. Doing nothing wrong, test riding a new bike, and getting killed in an accident, not your fault, that you would have easily survived if you were driving a car or truck. We are very vulnerable on our rides. Be careful out there!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
RedTalon : I've never been able to test ride a bike...  for reasons just such as this.

I'm sorry that someone died....
I was surprised that they did test rides. Most of the stealers in CA just laughed. I was in there (Brothers) and saw a nice 998 and asked the dude for a test ride. No prob. I just handed over my DL and Insurance card for them to check/copy, I signed a big form about my skill level, liablity, etc. etc. and I was off (with the salesman looking like he was about to sh*t a brick).

That area around the dealer is sort of congested and has a lot of intersections with strange angles and horribl sight lines.

There was some local speculation that the pick-up was not moving, but I've not heard any additional details...

I wonder if they will cancel the test-rides in light of this traggic event.

One of the people on another list posted that his dad is the guy's boss. He just failed to show up Thursday.. then the found out why.. terrible...

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Holeshot : I was surprised that they did test rides.  
I wonder if they will cancel the test-rides in light of this traggic event.  
Similar thing happened at a local Honda dealership wayyyyy back in the '70's. The potential buyer just shot out into a four lane street from the side street by the shop and, well, end of story. That was the last day the dealership offered test rides.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts