Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a simple way for those of us with links visible on our internet explorer bars to add an 'active topics' button to our links bar.
-First, create a link button for it by adding it to favorites and in the links folder (doesn't matter what page it points to as you will be changing it.
-Once you've done that, find the active topics button on the fireblades page. Click on the link, then go up to your address bar, right click and copy.
-Right click the link you created in your links bar and go down to properties. Click on the 'web documents' tab. Then past the url in the url box.
-Click away!
Hope this is handy for some.

·
Registered
12,126 Posts
Or you can just add it to your favorites, then drag-and-drop it onto the bar.

But, I don't think that will work here, now, anyway since it doesn't work exactly like the old Active Topics. The URL includes your session id, so you'll need to actually click the Active Topics link on the site each time, until the new one is done.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's the thing, you have to be quick about it, you have to catch the page that directs to the active topics page. As soon as you click the active topics link you have to immediately copy the url in the address bar, otherwise it won't work.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh I see what you're saying,   Apparently this will only work for those that stay logged in all the time. Or have clicked the remember me button when they log in.

Edit- It updates every time I click it.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Weird, I figured it worked the same way as barf, that's how I have that one set up and it works every time, staying logged in.

That's why you da man

1 - 8 of 8 Posts